Thursday, March 3, 2011

She turns into crazy lady!

Today was kind of an unusual day.  The head band director was gone for the first 4 classes with some of the honors band students and string orchestra at symphony orchestra UIL, so I was essentially running the classes myself with some classroom management help from another sub.  Because of the situation, I had to combine the beginning classes.  The brass are not used to me, so they kept trying to get away with playing wrong notes and making up their own rhythms.  At one point I stopped the class and asked the woodwinds, "could you please tell the brass what I think of people adding notes and intentionally playing wrong notes?"  Their response..."she turns into crazy lady!"  Not the answer I was expecting...but it's pretty accurate.  I've got them trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment