Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the beginning...

It's been 8 days and I haven't gotten myself fired yet!  I am enjoying this teaching position.  My favorite part is getting to teach 6th graders.  They're so excited!  They sit up straight every time one of us gets on the podium and actually like the games I come up with.  (The 7th and 8th graders think they're too cool for my games.  I'll win them over eventually.)  6th graders, however, are still getting used to middle school classrooms, so I still have to occasionally send kids back to their seats who have come up to tell me a story about their pet or what their favorite color is.  I think the best question that has been asked of me has been, "Ms. Hollowell.  As a member of this band, I need to know whether or not you are married."

Last friday was our first football game.  We still have to reinforce procedure as far as behavior and participation goes at the games, but they did alright for the first game of the season.  The football team won by like 20 points.  Which while it is exciting, I hope I'm not still going to football games at Christmas...

I'm still getting used to the early hours.  5:30 seems to come earlier and earlier every day, and it's only the 2nd week!  But it's not so bad.  I do like getting to listen to a whole podcast on the way to work in the morning.  And since I take farm roads to school, I get to see a variety of animals on the way.  Some of which aren't always fenced in...Also, I look forward to going to work because my fellow directors make me laugh a lot during the day.  They're kind of awesome.







No comments:

Post a Comment